Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: B18C1 going to ENDYN..... Part III

  1. #1
    Inactive Member 11psiGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Finally made the trip this weekend..... 12 hours in the car from where I am.... To the secret bat cave.

    Met the legendary TOO.... Saw the 437hp D16 Civic (the one from the video) and the 393hp 97 ITR. (Sorry... Took digital camera, but didn't take a single pic)

    All I can say is this.... It's obvious he has a genuine passion for both cars (especially Honda's) and treating people right. I spoke to close to 10 different shops... Price was not the issue... I wanted someone I connected with and was willing to go the distance to find them. Larry is the only person that didn't speak "down" to me.

    And while I am sure some of the shops I talked to may do fine work... It was more like... "yeah, we do motor work.... Yeah, it costs $$$$, send it to this address... it should take 6 weeks.... Is that all you wanted?"

    Some of your understand what I mean here.... Those that don't are still going.... "Yeah so how much gain are you going to see"....

    ETA on motor end of October.... I will let you know them.



    ------------------
    95 GSR
    JRSC @ 11lbs, Dry Manifold NOS (Track), DC Header, Nakayama Intake, Brospeed Exhuast, Unorthodox Cam Gears, RC 310cc injectors, Holley Pump, STR rail, Hyper R, B&M oil cooler, MSD6BTM, Blaster coil, MSD Cap, ACT 6 puck, Baer 13" Kit, Slotted/Xdrilled rear, Stainless lines, M/T for the track, blah, blah, blah......

    *** Motor and JRSC being rebuilt by ENDYN
    Also adding Kamikazee Header, J&S Safegaurd, Bosch pump, Moroso pan. Stay Tuned!

    229hp
    185 ftlbs w/o juice

  2. #2
    Inactive Member hooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 1999
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Even though i already have my engine back from Larry, and it's in and running, I'm still jealous that you got to spend time chatting with him in person!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member 11psiGSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    345
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It was a treat to spend time with him... (about 2 hours). He is no less interesting and friendly in person. Didn't get to ride in the civic though... He was installing a roll cage. Boy is that thing a sleeper!

    Whats your mileage looking like? Getting close to D-Day?

    Allan

  4. #4
    Inactive Member teamfx's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2000
    Posts
    152
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hooper....what did he do to your engine, I am interested in his upgrade to the jackson kit....I just want to know how it is from someone who has done it...let me know
    --------------------------------------------
    '97 Integra GSR JRSC(8 psi), HKS Supper Dragger, DC Header, AEM Intake, Random Cat, Neuspeed Coilovers, Neuspeed tower bar,
    17" Volk Racing Daytona Speed Rims, CL Headlight Conversion, DC Short Shifter, Venom injectors, Walbro 342,Cartech FP, JE 10:1 Pistons, Crower Rods, multi angle valve job....=)

  5. #5
    Inactive Member hooper's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 1999
    Posts
    209
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    11psiGSR-I'm at about 600 miles now. I want to put at least 400 more. I was in a real hurry to get to 500, but things have become less urgent now. I know I can do it in a week if I need to. But I don't need to yet. Soon, though.

    teamfx-the engine is an all out build-up. The block has been re-enforced, oil passages worked on, oil pump upgraded, crank shaft balanced, new roller-wave pistons & rings, Endyn rods, plus all the accompanying head work. It'll handle anything I can dish out (tuned properly, of course). The blower mods have been done for nearly, two years. The general description of what was done is over on theoldone.com, under upgrades. The more specific stuff is something Larry asked me not to describe too indepth. But looking at the inside if everything, it is completely different. The "s" tube for the civic kits has been opened up considerably, so much you can almost see through it. The manifold is very precisely shaped near the outlet of the blower and the areas around the injectors has also been worked on. The clearances on the blower rotors is TIGHT. The "aeroprting" so frequently mentioned is very unique. Diffcult to describe anyway, but these are the things that set Endyn's work apart. Industry secrets, you could say.


    ------------------
    Phil
    93 Civic Coupe, ENDYN built D16Y7, ENDYN modded JRSC, ENDYN/Thompson intake tube w/ cold air "bath tub", Kamikazi, GReddy 2.25, J&S, MSD 6BTM, RC 310s, Field SFC, Clutchmasters stage 3 & aluminum flywheel, Quaife, Moroso catch oil separator (catch can), various suspension & brake mods

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •